Thursday 27 January 2011

Continuity Task Overview

For planning I first plotted out what I would be filming, to do this I had to draw up a storyboard that would show the action that would be filmed, this was so that I plan out what would be filmed and how it would be filmed. During the filming process there were some changes made that affected the filming process, such as cutting certain shots from the film for the benefit of the film.

During filming I learnt a variety of different filming techniques to help develop my camera skills, these include the shot reverse shot in which the camera shoots the action with one shot straight to the next shot without breaking the 180 degree rule, which is a line straight through the action and you have to stay one side of the line the whole time your shooting that scene.

When editing I used Adobe Premiere for the editing process in this project, in which I cut the film clips then arranged them into linear order. I decided not to add a soundtrack or any sound modifications and kept the diegetic sound to add to the realism.

1 comment:

  1. Jake could you please move this to the label G321 Preliminary Task. Your answers to the three questions are rather vague and do not reference any aspects of the gap between your original idea and your final edit.

    Could you please answer the 3 questions with more specific references to camera and editing skills referencing the shoot and edit in more detail, to include references to specific examples frin your finished production.

    ReplyDelete